Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Cards for Friends

Hi everyone,

Well, its officially Autumn here in sunny Melbourne - phew! 
Fingers crossed Mother Nature will catch on soon & give us some wonderful autumn days 
& not the heat of summer!

I've been busy making a few cards for a dear friend Davinia Wood who has now moved with hubby Phil to Geraldton in Western Australia right by the beach! 
From a place called Tom Price, the back of nowhere!

This card I made because Davinia said she would like a scooter to pop to the shops with 
(as yet I don't have Scooter Tilda) she's on order!
On the Road Tilda fitted the bill nicely and
"Cool" Edwin I thought would make a great Phil looking exasperated with Davinia riding her bike lol ..


I've used Kaisercraft Fairy wishes design papers. 
Magnolia stamps Tilda & Edwin both coloured with Distress Inks.
The largest of the Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Ovals for the card shape, I made slits in it to stand Edwin & Tilda against it & they fold down to close the card, I think it came out pretty well.

~~~     ~~~     ~~~

I can report that 
Davinia and Phil have now found & bought their first house in Geraldton - Yay!

For a New Home card I've used a favourite Magnolia stamp of mine
 "Welcome to a Lovely Home"

which is also coloured with Distress Inks, 
the papers are PION, 
Magnolia Doohickey Tag, 
the fence is LaLaLand, 
GoKreate & Spellbinders dies for the card shape.


Both cards have been received and were met with approval lol..

Its lovely to know that friends are happy & going to be well now they are down by the water, 
its the best place to be!
 I live near Port Phillip bay, which is 10 minutes away!

Stay safe and happy crafting until next time..


3 comments:

  1. Without a doubt this card is absolutely stunning so beautiful. And boy did u hit nail on head that's exactly the look i would get from phil!
    Card made r day pride of place on r dresser.love it. Love ya lovely friend. Xxxxx
    P.s the beach is bliss...not midding red pilbara dust!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without a doubt this card is absolutely stunning so beautiful. And boy did u hit nail on head that's exactly the look i would get from phil!
    Card made r day pride of place on r dresser.love it. Love ya lovely friend. Xxxxx
    P.s the beach is bliss...not midding red pilbara dust!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,
    Wow I am absolutely loving your designs! Simply gorgeous. Now wouldn't that be lovely, living right beside the beach? Nice :)

    Sandy thank you for your message over at Dreamtime Craft Supplies blog. It was really nice to have a visit from a paper crafter that lives in Australia - & a pom to boot :)

    We are having a DT Call over at DCS if you are interested. Hope to see you there: http://blog.dreamtimecraftsupplies.com.au/p/dt-call.html We would love for you to join us :)

    Anyway, thanks for popping in & saying hi :)

    Lisa - Dreamtime Craft Supplies
    Dreamtime Craft Supplies
    Dreamtime Craft Supplies Blog

    ReplyDelete

Backgrounds using New 2022 In Colours

 Hello, welcome back to my blog. When I saw the new In Colours for 2022-2023 I wasn't sure they were really my colours.   So thought I w...